The Wikipedia chart comparing video sharing services was interesting...it is incredible that YouTube hosts 64 million videos and has 1.2 billion streams per day! Truthfully, I have never explored YouTube because what makes the news often are videos that have the creators arrested (not exactly things I want to see). So, it was a pleasant surprise to explore the topic of libraries and find some familiar videos (Sesame Street's Cookie Monster at the Library) and some very creative amateur productions. (Be sure to check our "Tour the Library" by the Harper College Library!) I found this short commercial video by Mercedes-Benz that pokes fun at stereotypes. My apologies in advance to any 'blonde viewers'. Enjoy!
On to TeacherTube for some serious stuff! I searched 'most favorite' and found a lot of SchoolHouse Rock videos. Even though they are dated and hokey, the kids still ask for them! Kids of any age would enjoy this short Animaniac romp through the states and capitals. Could you do this in 2 minutes?
Wow, I really spent a lot of time watching videos with this thing....and had a great time! Embedding the videos was a cinch. And now to close with something just for fun, dedicated to a child's first teacher....their harried Mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I LOVE the videos you embedded! I love using teachertube.com when I am at school (as youtube.com is blocked) for motivational pieces or even extensions to my own explanations to what I am teaching.
ReplyDeleteI really loved the states and capitols clip you posted; it took me back to 4th grade when I learned all the states through song!