Monday, July 27, 2009

Thing 14: Technorati and tags

The Technorati video was interesting, especially the idea of sidestepping 'expert' opinion and linking to the masses through blogging. I thought the example given in the video of searching for comments about a little known music group was a good application. But, I didn't find the Technorati site that efficient...it seemed to be running slowing for my searches. (The video mentioned the need for patience with the site.)

I didn't have much luck with my searches for School Library Learning 2.0. I even tried using some other tags suggested by the site.
The "What's Popular" under the "Popular" link was interesting...pulling up the top 100 blogs by popularity, by authority and popular searches. Being able to search by authority is a great feature, but I wondered who determines 'authority' and how. I did find this interesting blog post about Bill Gate's dropping Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment