I didn't really understand how Rollyo might be different than something like Trackstar until I watched Bruce Goodner's video. What Rollyo basically does is creates a custom search engine for sites selected by the creator. So for example, a teacher could create a Rollyo 'Searchroll' of favorite websites dealing with Colonial America for student research. Students go to the teacher's Searchroll and type a keyword into the search box. Rollyo will search and return results only from the selected sites, providing fewer and better results from reliable sources. Rollyo provides a more efficient, effective search tool for students. Rollyo also allows you to check out other Searchrolls using tags. I created a Searchroll for country information for students in 6th grade World Cultures, 9th grade World Geography and 10th grade World History. Check it out at Country Information. In hindsight, I may have included too many websites (25 is the max), but can go back and edit the Searchroll at any time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment