Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Thing 8: RSS Feeds and Readers

I did not know about RSS beforehand. While Google Reader was very easy to set up, I also think it's possible to drown in information. I think you have to be realistic about how much time you are willing or able to spend, and be selective in what you will subscribe to. I also think it might be more manageable to set up two reader accounts: one professional and one personal. (Also, when setting up the account, I was not able to figure out how to 'delete' old news from the list. Any help with this would be welcomed!)

As an educator, it would be useful to keep up with professional news. Students can be introduced to news feeds, etc. I added several news feeds, including NPR, as well as several library or education related blogs. (School Library Journal's NeverEndingSearch blog looks promising!)

No comments:

Post a Comment